Organic Certification for Biosea Boost was achieved in 2019. Biosea Boost is one of 2 organic certified liquid fertilizer produced in the Philippines. OCCP is the official certification organization who provide inspection and certification services in the Philippines.
Boost is grown and manufactured in the Davao region. The water quality of monitored regularly for biological and heavy metal presence. Every batch is monitored and tested.
The Organic certification and inspection process covers the whole product chain and production system from farm production to processing and trading. This chain/system was evaluated according to the organic standards (PNS & OCCP) and certification requirements of OCCP.
The objective of the Certification is to:
- Determine the extent of conformity of the operator’s management system, or parts of it, with the standards & certification requirements
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the management system
- Identify areas for potential improvement
With Certification granted in 2019, Marine Algae Products will need to be reviewed in 2020 and then every 2 years.
Internal systems are in place within Marine Algae Products, Inc, and the system itself is monitored.
Organic certifiers are responsible for making sure that organic products meet all organic standards. There are five basic steps to organic certification:
- The farm or business adopts organic practices, selects an accredited certifying agent, and submits an application and fees to the certifying agent. (Which is OCCP in Philippines)
- The certifying agent reviews the application to verify that practices comply with OCCP organic regulations.
- An inspector conducts an on-site inspection of the applicant’s operation.
- The certifying agent reviews the application and the inspector’s report to determine if the applicant complies with the organic regulations.
- The certifying agent issues organic certificate.
To maintain organic certification, our certified organic farm will go through an annual review and inspection process.